Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates

Monday, August 26, 2013

That's all she wrote..

Teaven and I have been in school mode for the past two weeks, but today was T's first day with his students. He had a wonderful first day, and we are so excited to see where God takes him this year. My students started school today as well, but they won't come to the GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) program until next week. We like to give them a week in their normal schedule and classes before we take them away from it once a week. I'm super excited to meet my kiddos.

I haven't forgotten the 8 Week Challenge. These past couple of weeks have been difficult for me as far as eating goes. Teachers want to go out for lunch or grab a soda, and I don't hesitate to join them. Although, I probably should. I'm trying to get better... I promise.

As far as exercise goes, I've been doing great! I tried out TurboFire 2 weeks ago and barely made it through the 6 days. Let's just face it, people, I have ZERO coordination, and instead of looking as graceful as everybody else on the DVD, I look like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to punch someone. It's truly sad, and I refuse to let anyone in the room while I do it.

So, since I suck so much at intense kickboxing and the weather decided to cool down just slightly (is 95 cool to anyone else?), I decided to start running again. That's really the only exercise I enjoy doing and can stick with for a while. So, my routine has been to run 3 times a week and do some type of strength/scuplt 2 times a week. It worked out well last week, and I hope to keep with it this week. I'm starting slow, but at least it's something.
<a data-pin-do="embedPin" href="http://pinterest.com/pin/141441244520233112/"></a>
I think I'm going to put the scale away for a while. It just seems to discourage me and make me beat myself up. I want this challenge to be about changing my lifestyle, not a number. I'll be able to tell I'm losing when my pants start to get loose. It's just something I need to do for me.

That's all for now, folks. Hopefully, I'll remember to update later this week about our jobs... and the fact that we are buying couches this weekend (you have no idea how excited I am about that)!

No comments:

Post a Comment