Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Recap

Alright, ladies and gents, it has been entirely too long since I have graced you with my blogger presence. I'm sorry, but what can I say? I've been living life. I really would like to think that I will get loads better at blogging regularly in the upcoming months, but who am I kidding? School starts back up in just a few short weeks.

Alas (yeah, I just said that), I will try to update weekly since I have started another 8 week challenge. More on that in a minute.

I'm pretty sure I could write a novel on what has gone on in the Barnums' lives these past few months, but I won't bore you with all the details. Let's just do a quick recap.

I was offered a position teaching Gifted and Talented students with Temple ISD. I will actually be at the same campus as I was last year. Each day my little kiddos (yes, they really are little! yikes!) will be bussed to our campus from all the elementary schools in Temple and then bussed back. I will have 1st-5th grade. 1st on Monday, 2nd on Tuesday, 3rd on Thursday. You get the picture. I am really excited about this opportunity and all that I will learn this year.

Teaven was offered a position teaching 6th grade World Cultures with Killeen ISD. This is exactly the position he had been praying for since he went to the job fair in March! Isn't it amazing how the Lord provides? He instantly formed a connection with the administration, and he is super excited to be working at this school.

Next week, we both start back with new teacher training. We've already been nonstop busy, and it's only going to get crazier from here! But, man, are we excited about it!


In other news, I've started a new 8 week challenge with some of my really great friends. Basically, my goal for the next 8 weeks is to exercise 3-4 times a week, eat healthy, and lose some of the weight I gained back. That's all for another post coming soon! But if you want to join me, please let me know!

That's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment